Thursday, August 23, 2007



It's that time of year when I'm busy getting ready for classes that start this coming Monday. Bright and early, the Intro to Digital starts at 9 a.m., and most of the student hate that time slot, but it was the only one available when we first posted the class. So, as I tell the students, live with it, and if I can be there at 9 a.m., so can they. I have spent much time this week trying to calibrate the monitors in our digital lab. It's not a very big lab what with six PC's, one G4 eMac, and and Epson 4000, they get bunches of use. Our youngest computer is four years old. I was able to calibrate all but the two oldest monitors, and while they are close, I don't think they will last the semester.

But the point of this post is, I was out looking for a quick image I could use to test the calibrations I have just tried to accomplish. Driving just south of the University, I ran across the "Worcester Bling Bling." I had to go to Wikipedia to find out what a "bling bling" was. No, you can go Google it yourself. However the above is what I shot. Kinda' shatters one's senses. That night, my close friend's grandson had his 10th birthday party, and of course I shot a couple of images. Like bottle rockets on his cake....

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)