Friday, January 01, 2010

STREET SIGNS......


West Boylston, Massachusetts September 2000

I remember well leaving the house one morning heading to school and noting that strange markings had suddenly appeared on just about all the streets in my neighborhood. (I later found out what they were all about.) It was as if aliens had paid us a visit and left messages. I likened it to the mysterious patterns being found in the cornfields about the world. I shot all of these with my 8x10 camera using a very old 120mm Angulon wide open at f/6.8. It sort of created the look of a Holga image except my images are extremely sharp in the center. I have yet to enlarge any of them, but in making progress in scanning all my images, I'm up to year 2000 for the 8x10's. I think this series would look good printed big.

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)