Thursday, February 23, 2012

EARLY IMAGES #2



Austin, Texas 1967

Back when I was shooting only 35mm film, I carried a camera with me everywhere I went afraid I'd miss making a good image....this one from 1967 while walking across UTAustin campus on the way to an assignment. While my assignment camera was either a Nikon or a Hasselblad, tucked away (actually hanging around my next) was my trusty Canonet QL 1.7 I carried that camera just about everywhere, wore it out, in fact. After that, I generally carried my Nikon F2 with a 28mm f/2 Nikkor. Later when I went over to Canon, I carried a Canon F1 with a 28mm f/2 FD Canon. Always been a wide lens man. The Canonet mentioned above had a 40mm lens on it. I don't miss those older cameras as much as I miss what I call my "photographic innocence." These days will usually find me with a Canon 5D2 and a 28mm f/1.8 Canon -- the need to see wide hasn't changed, only the machine.

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)