Sunday, November 24, 2013


IOOF Home, Worcester, MA October 22, 2013

Early in this semester, I challenged one of my independent study students to gain access to the old and abandoned IOOF retirement home in Worcester. And she did just that. Vacated a number of years ago, it has fallen to vandalism, and general disrepair from weathering.  For the past couple of years, I have wondered what the place looked like inside.  For some reason unknown to me, I am drawn to such places. I like finding order in total chaos, and the place is totally chaos.  Paint is pealing everywhere, walls have been opened to steal the copper plumbing, and water infiltration has brought ceilings down.  In the next few days, I will be posting some images I've been making of the interior.  The above image is a "selfie" made a couple of weeks ago.  I'm a fool in front of a mirror.

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)