Saturday, December 29, 2007


I see that some of my readers keep trying the GALLERY site so you can view more of my work. And for that, I thank you for looking. However, the GALLERY site is down because the owner of the server (a friend of my daughter) has installed a new server and hasn't updated all of his accounts. The results being that neither myself or any of you can access that web site. Not all is lost, I have, for the interim taken space on pbase.com where I have been posting scans of the b&w I shot during the summer. Yes, along with all the digital color images I shot, some of which I posted during the trip, I also shot bunches of b&w film. I had with me my brace of Pentax 67's and two 4x5's. It wasn't until this November that I got all the film processed, and now with the semester over, I'm finally getting around to scanning these b&w negatives. The image above was made in Wibaux County, Montana. I had just come from making an image of the Been Cemetery when I spotted these white cows -- probably Charolais -- huddled in a group under a "buttermilk" sky. Yes, there is some Photoshop magic going on here -- "extracted" the land with the cows from the image so I could apply separate levels and curves layers to each -- but I think it's somewhat true the feelings of the scene. When I get my copy of CS3 next month, I'll try it again with some HDR magic to see how the two compare. Anyway, if you feel so moved, give the pbase site a try. Happy New Year.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I encourage you to get a flickr.com account - it would make it easier for you to publish, and easier for us to see your work.

pitchertaker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pitchertaker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pitchertaker said...

Good advice, Mike, but that is why I have taken space on pbase.com -- to fill-in until my "gallery" site is operational again. Keep checking as I will be putting up a bunch more images soon -- in fact, I added more to the existing gallerys just today.

P'taker

pitchertaker said...

Sorry about the deletes -- somehow or the other my response to Mike got loaded three times....

P'taker

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)