Tuesday, July 08, 2008

LOOKING BACK 15


Rice Barton Foundry, Worcester, MA 2004

I have mentioned previously how difficult the lighting in this place was. I do not like artifical lighting for this kind of work, however, this is the one image of this series where I used a little added fill. During the one-half second exposure, I used an old Graphic "light saber" and bounced a #25 flash bulb off the wall to my right to help illuminate the stall doors. Flash bulbs offer a quality of light that strobes can't match. Never before have I seen a rest room with separate stalls for "women" and "men" adjacent to each other. This roll of Tri-X pro 120 received minus two development scheduled to hold the extremely bright highlights of the white urinals.

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)