Monday, June 01, 2009

Urban Taunton




Taunton, Massachusetts 28 May 2009

The early summers in Massachusetts can be wet, meaning it tends to rain a good bit of the time. On those gray rainy days, the wind tends to die, and everything is still and wet. And the colors are extremely intense. Shooting in color in such weather is so much easier just because you don't have to worry too much about shadows, or skies being blown out. Last Thursday was just such a day, and as soon as it got bright enough outside, off I went. MA Rt 140 runs through our town and heads down to New Bedford. My plan was to take-in New Bedford, but too many "Kodak Moments" along the way only got me only as far as Taunton before I had to turn back. My plan is simply this: on any given gray, calm, rainy day, I'm heading out following a MA highway until it or the day ends, which ever comes first. By the end of the summer I should have a whole bunch of new images.


2 comments:

luksky said...

I like the redneck looking house...reminds me of some of the houses back in Alabama. :-)

Don and Sher said...

These are great, by the end of summer you will have a new book.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)