Thursday, August 12, 2010

Summer Travels X


Greenville, Virginia 17 July 2010

In my previous post, I wrote about how I approached the making of the image for the entry of Summer Travels IX. The lower image is what I saw from the highway as I drove by. Greenvillie is located on US 11 which runs parallel to Interstate 81, and many of the places along this road are what's left when this highway was the main road pre-Interstate. The top image is what I saw when I looked in behind the bushes on the right end of the building. I pressed the lens against the dirty glass to make the image. It was then I decided to go back to the car and get my tripod and wider lens. The hole in the wall that I crawled through is just below and to the right from where this image was made. The results was the "trophy" image. And yes, all that stuff was still in the building obviously ruined by age and several winters of freezing and summer heat.

3 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

Wow!
I'm really happy to see that you go the extra mile...
When I see an acess road or path that has an "employee only" sign on it, I just have to see what's up there.

Don and Sher said...

Ya' just never know whats round the bend.

pitchertaker said...

I just follow my intuition and nose -- they seem to know where the pictures are.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)