Friday, October 21, 2011

CORRECTION

Sometimes I make mistakes when ID'ing the location of an image I've made. Notes get lost, or I forget to mark something down on the map I'm driving with. Yeah, it'd be nice if my camera had a GPS tagging device, but that seems a bit overkill to me. So if there if there is doubt in my mind, I will Google the place where I thought I was, and in this instance, my memory was flawed. I have in my records as the image being made at some place called "Ninety Nine, North Carolina." Not even the correct state. Then I remembered that we spent the night in Greenwood, SC, and when I searched Google for Greenwood, SC, I noted the "Ninety Six" highway. There is a Cheeseburger House in Ninety Six, SC, which is a small town a few miles southeast of Greenwood. However, there is also, I found, a Cheeseburger House in Greenwood. Low and behold, Street View in Google reveals that my bright yellow cafe image is indeed located in Greenwood as you see in the image above. I have corrected my previous entry's title and the info in my files.

1 comment:

Pat Tillett said...

I think that happens to many of us who spend a lot of time on the road.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)