Thursday, July 19, 2007



Again, today has been long and tiring, but with a bit of very strange green chili stew (that's what they called it) and a nice conversation with Margaret, I have regained a bit of my energy. After the skies had opened up last evening, the morning broke clear. Even much of the smoke haze had cleared from the air. It was still fairly early when I tracked my way to the Chilly Cemetery in east central Idaho. And then a long drive over to the Squirrel Cemetery in extreme easter corner of the state. If you look closely, you can see the Teton's main peaks just to the right of the cemetery sign.
Supper at La Carmalita's in Dillon, MT. Hard to make out, but that's supposed to be green chili stew, but looked more like just a mess of green chilis mixed with pork bits. Don't get me wrong, it tasted good....I mean, afterall, it's green chilis. I ate in silence under the watchful eye of the "bathtub Virgin." That wall-mounted bathtub was a first for me in Mexican food restautants. Rather imposing, but I have to admit that I choose this table so I could make a pic of the food with her in the background.

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)