Sunday, July 08, 2007

OPENING THE NIGHT

Sitting in my motel room this morning reading through the blogs as I ate my breakfast, I became interested in Raul Gutierrez's Heading East comments about Rachel Hope Feierman and her hangin' at the parking lot images. Most of us, like Paul says, in our yourth been involved in this sort of activity. With my generation, it was hangin' at the malt shop. Later it was drinking beer at the drive-in movie. What struck me first was this type of shooting was probably not possible a few short years ago. It would have been if very grainy B&W, or impossible grainy and horribly contrasty color. Digital has made for casual shooting in extreme situations such as night time street photography. Good quality from ISO's as high as 1600 and 3200 are opening new venues for those who sally forth in the dead of night.

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)