Friday, November 23, 2007

ST ELENA CANYON, BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK


I've got a million of 'em. No, really, I have bunches and bunches of images of this canyon. It is one of the places I return to in the Big Bend park every time I go. As I said before, so much changes, so much remains the same. On the far back, sunlite wall, the two-tiered feature of the canyon can been seen. The top of the high wall is about 1,500 feet above the river, and the spot where I'm standing to make this image, the canyon is only about 50-yards wide. You should hear a pair of ravens winging their way through the canyon squawking at each other. The two previous images, here, and here, were made at the mouth of the canyon, and this one is made as far back into the canyon as you can walk. Beyond this point, it is shear canyon wall down to the river.

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)